Thursday, May 13, 2010

My College days


Some days I have to admit I do wonder what my life would be like if I had chosen to go to college rather then get married and stay at home with princess Eli.

I love to learn and I loved my job!

But, I got to thinking these are my college days......


Late nights. Check! King Los needs clean underwear and socks for work tomorrow. Need to make sure he has stuff to take in his lunch.

Mommy Hangover. Check! That's what happens when you have been up several times a night with your little one and then they still get up at 6:30. This comes complete with pounding headache.

Studying. Check! Finding new recipes. Reading about ways to organize my home better. Reading about eating healthier and of course most importantly studying the bible!

Attending sports events. Check! King Los has many sporting events for me to attend. As a matter of fact I may actually attend more then a college student does.

Eating junk food. Check! Hey, sometimes I don't have time to cook. O.K. maybe I just don't always feel like making a meal.

Living off hardly any money. Check! One income enough said! Ha!


So when you look at like this, I really haven't missed anything. Instead I am obeying my Savior in what he has called me to do and I am finding true joy!


Yep these are my College days and I am loving every moment of them!

2 comments:

Ashley Wells said...

I am with you completely! Instead of going to college, I stay at home and take care of my house, my husband, and I am able to serve God in many ways while we wait for children!

I didn't miss much at all!

-Ashley

Michelle said...

Great post! I never had college days. I received my M.R.S. degree instead and I can relate with all of that!

(I think after 2 children you automatically obtain your doctorate degree, but don't quote me on that!)

Have a blessed week!