Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I'm a chicken


Yes it's true, quite often I am a chicken.

Afraid of what ifs.

All those thoughts that can buzz around inside your head like a pesky Nat.

What if my husband stops loving me? What if my husband or children die? What if I am not a good enough mother? What if my children grow up and do not end up following the lord? What if someone thinks I am crazy for...? Ect.....

I was reminded again today by Beth Moore in her series on Esther that what ifs stands for what I Fear.

So true! Those what ifs are just fears that if we don't give them to the lord can drive us crazy or cause us to not follow the path the lord has laid out for us.

Oh how I want to follow what the Lord desires for me. I don't want to miss out on oppurtunites because I am afraid of what people will think of me or if I will fail.

So I want to give the lord the what ifs and trust in him and his plan for me because....

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11


and because I know fear causes me to not always be obedient.

But Samuel replied: "Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD ? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.
Samuel 15:22

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I had always been a "what if" type of person. (Did you know that it might be a sign of a creative mind?!)

In the last couple of years though He has been freeing me from those strongholds and convicting me of not trusting in Him!

Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed night!