Thursday, May 27, 2010

it's the little things in life


I used to always to compare our marriage to our dating relationship. I would think to myself, he always did all these great things for me when we were dating. He would write me super nice notes and surprise me with fun gifts.

I would hear women say "Yea get used to it once your married all those nice things stop."

The problem is that I was so focused on what he wasn't doing anymore, that I totally missed that I had stopped doing all those things too!

I am ashamed to admit that I had stopped doing all those little things that say your my man, my best friend, and you come first!After all it;s the little things that really say I Respect you and love you more then anyone else!

I started looking at King Los as my best friend again and started trying to remember when he said things like "I love this.", "This is my favorite." and, "I don't like this.".

Maybe your like me and you have a terrible memory and you need to jot stuff down. Even small things. Like the fact that King Los takes the trash out for us. To save money I always buy the cheapo bags. He hates them! So since hes so kind why not spend a little extra money and buy some that won't break open on the way to the end of the drive way. Maybe surprise him with his favorite candy or write a note and put it in his lunch.


Did you forget the little things that your man always appreciated when you were dating?

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Another outstanding post. A great reminder we ALL could use.


Geesh, I know I just came across your blog like 10 minutes ago ... but have you been snooping around my home?! ;-)

everyday graces said...

found you via likeawarmcupofcoffee. I can completely relate. Thank you for your candid posts. They are a blessing.