Monday, March 29, 2010

A little girls dream?

Feminism is a huge problem in our world today. I just wasn't aware it was such a big problem in our churches.

As I watch all the teenage girls stress over their plans for the future. I realize that at school and sometimes at home, College is the only option.

If you want to be a home maker later in life that is fine but for now you must attend college.

I wonder if/when they chose to become a homemaker will they even know the basics of running a home?

How is it possible when they spend so much time on homework, extra curriculars, and everything else they need to have in line before college. (Not to mention that they have to work to be able to save up money to pay for college.)

The number one prayer requests at my church for Teenage girls (especially seniors) is, pray for what to do about college and their future.

I remember as a little girl my dream was to get married and have children.

I wonder do girls even have that dream anymore?

....
... That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Titus 2:5

1 comment:

Ashley Wells said...

That is very thought provoking!

Thank you!

I too battle with these thoughts and wondering what kind of priority we put on our roles as wives, mothers, and homemakers...

-Ashley