Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's just not fair



Kind:of a friendly, generous, or warm-hearted nature; Forbearing and tolerant; Showing understanding. (Here we go with the understanding word again!)

This one plays into pretty much every other commandment in this verse. So i am not going to go into a lot of detail on this one. Just remember that it means forbearing and tolerant! ( I know i need to remember that!)



Jealous:Painfully desirous of an others advantages; Refers to negative thoughts; Apprehensive of losing affection or position.

Envious: The feeling of wanting to have something else possessed by another.

It's not always easy to not envy our husbands "freedom". I hate to admit this but i sometimes grow weary of all my responsibilities of being a wife and mom. I want to complain and say "It's not fair!".

Men they can't nurse babies. So every 2 or so hours when your little one wakes up to eat you have to get up and feed them while your hubby is sound asleep. I am guilty of waking up a time or too and thinking, ugh I wish I didn't have to get up yet. I just wish for once he could get up and feed the baby.

Then there is the times when we have been home with the kids all day. The baby has been crying non stop and nothing in the house got done. We think to ourselves he is so lucky to go out and get a break. But, most of all there is that time when he has to work late or goes out for an evening of sports. You just maybe think to yourself, this is so unfair i am the one who really needs a night out.

Or, maybe for you it is the constant feeling of the house work that never ends and the kiddos and hubby that always need you.

But, we forget something very important. Our wonderful husbands are under a lot of pressure to provide and lead our families. The decisions rest on their shoulders and lots of other responsibilities we take for granted. How quickly we forget the lifetime of work they have to do. How they miss out on so many of the moments with the children because they are working and the pressure of not wanting to be a failure. I am so guilty of forgetting how difficult it really is for the man.

I want to stop thinking those jealous thoughts and think ones of thanksgiving for all my man does for me! I want to show him kindness and understanding that his Job is very hard and that i am glad God gave me the role of being a wife and mommy!

No comments: