Monday, December 6, 2010

washing the feet of the Lord's people

 No widow may be put on the list of widows unless she is over sixty, has been faithful to her husband,  and is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the Lord’s people, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds.
1 Timothy 5:9-10



What does it mean to be faithful to your husband? 


What do people know me for? My good deeds?


What does it mean to bring up your children?


Do I show hospitality? How can I do it better?


How can I wash the feet of the Lord's people?


Do I help those in trouble?


What am I devoted to? Good deeds?




Lord, Open my eyes.

May my Grave stone read:
 Faithful wife, Loving mother, Doer of Good, Welcoming and humble, a friend to those in need, Devoted to following God, Servant.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, I love, love, love this. This is so thought provoking and convicting to me. Thank you for sharing. Your blog is so sweet,and I really enjoyed what I read!
Blessings, Tiffany