Monday, December 13, 2010

Looking forward to my life





Isn't it amazing how we are always looking forward to our lives and forgetting we are living them now?!

There's always something to look forward to. The arrival of a new child. The day they will sleep through the night. When they will first crawl and then walk. The day they will finally be old enough to talk with.

But then we blink and we missed the now. Always looking forward causes us to have to look back and realized we missed important things.

On Thursday night I watched my sweet little girl jump around on her hospital bed with a big smile. She had croup but you wouldn't have known it by the way she was smiling and talking. Shes such a trooper like that. I so often miss that when I have those days of feeling so frustrated with her ever growing stubbornness. Though I was exhausted and really didn't enjoy spending another night in the hospital, I was so thankful, I got to take her home and knew she would get better. She doesn't have cancer or any life threatening disease. But, she does have one thing and that is that she is consistently getting older and no matter how I try I will never be able to relive these days again.

 It's ok to be excited about the future because we know that God has great things in store for us but we just can't miss the present because it soon becomes the past!

No comments: