Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I don't know how to celebrate Christmas

For the Past 23 years I have the spent Christmas in Florida with my parents and my Granny. With the exception of two years when we spent Easter there instead and the first year I was married I went down the week after christmas.

So for me Christmas is summed up with warm weather, the beach, eating christmas dinner outside, and of course spending time with my parents, sisters, and granny.


This year due to the fact that baby prince maybe arriving early we will not be going.

The one year I missed Christmas there with my family I was so depressed and the only thing that kept me from having a two year old size tantrum was the fact that King Los suprised me on Christmas day with a note saying pack your bags we are going to Florida next week.

You see when you get married and then have children you have to start your own christmas traditions. The only problem is I feel as if I have absolutely no idea how to make Christmas special let alone how to make it all about Jesus. With Princess Eli only being 16 months I feel as if she can't really understand much so what can I really do? So I prayed about it and today I came across this stirring blog post.

It's made me think about so much. So now I am giong to continue to go before the Lord and ask him how we can start making Christmas about him and his sons birthday.

So tell me how do you make Christmas about him?

3 comments:

momkris said...

Could you share the link to the blogpost you were talking about? I'd sure love to read it. Thanks!

momkris said...

When I click on the link it just takes me to your post instead of to the other blog link. Not sure why it's not working for me??

Unknown said...

Hi! thanks for stopping by my blog today, that was a blessing. Well we start out our Christmas at the begining of December and the weekend after Thanksgiving. We decorate the house together, play christmas music. And then the Sunday after that we start on the advent calendar, you can go to my blog and check out the advent calendar post. It's great for the little ones, she helps blow out the candles for that. Also for Christmas Eve we celebrate Jesus' birthday with a birthday cake and sing Happy Birthday to him. I try to do that every year, last we were not able to. But this year, that is one tradition I plan on doing? Also a new tradition we are going to try is hanging a stocking for Jesus. You are on the right track of being in prayer about it...God will show you what to do. Praying for you.
In His Love,
ADrienne