Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

I am one of those people that think valentines day is great. Not that i need another reason to spoil carlos and tell him how much i love him but, i just love the funness of a day just dedicated to loving on spouse. Usually i go all out with candy and all kinds of fun treats sometimes concert tickets and fun stuff like that. However, this year was different. My mom and i recently came across one of the greatest books i have ever read. Created to be his help meet by Debi Pearl. Though i think most would consider it a little over the top it was like God was so clearly speaking to me like i had never felt before. The words in that book spoke to my heart and shook me to the core. I realized something... I am not only selfish but i have not been doing what the lord has asked of me.
So for Valentines Day I am giving Carlos the gift i know far out weighs any other gift i could give him. Here are the words of the lord that i am going to be now making my life goal...

... then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home to be kind and to be suject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4-5

I am sad to say i have not made the first 2.5 years of marriage very easy for my man and I certianly haven't obeyed the word but now with the help of God that is all about to change!



The very heart of reverence is extreme appreciation and profound thankfulness that this man, just as his is, has chosen to love me, just as i am! Elisabeth Elliot

No comments: