Saturday, August 6, 2011

Have one of your priorities become an Idol?

I heard on the radio today that sometimes we have to forget about the stuff we want then God will give it to us. Because sometimes our wants can become Idols.

It got me thinking.... even if some our top priorities that are totally God things can still become an Idol. Even if it is stuff that God wants us to do. If we become obsessed with it and only think and pray about that it is an idol to us. It becomes hard for us to wait patiently and we sometimes have a hard time doing the other stuff that is also important in our lives. We just become consumed, sometimes even with the God stuff. But just because God has called us to something doesn't mean that he has called us to it now. It also doesn't mean that our life should become only about that one particular thing and not about all our other priorities.

I am taking sometime this week to just focus on what I have here and now. I want to think how can I glorify God today. Right now. In my mundane normal tasks. I want to serve my family as unto the lord. I want to change diapers, kiss boo boos, make dinner, wash the clothes, mop the floor, smile at people at the grocery store and  find ways to show God's love to my community.

But it's so much easier to say things then to do them. Everyday I am learning and growing and with God's help I think I am up to the challenge. Time to let go of my Idols and just be here in the moment with what God wants me to do NOW!

1 comment:

Janelle Martin said...

Thanks for the good reminder, Amanda!