Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Learned Truth or God's truth?

I never really knew what Grace was... They didn't preach it at the church I attended as a child.


I knew salvation was a gift. But then I thought you had to continue to earn it. I thought through somethings I saw lived out that really grace was just a word in a song. I thought that works were what saved you. Choices and never sinning where what saved you. I even remember thinking if I die now that I didn't know where I would go because I had so many things to ask forgiveness for.

I lived under this awful need to be perfect, live perfect, and never sin.

Then one day God blessed me with this amazing friend.  A friend that streched me. A friend that caused me to reavualate everything I thought I knew.


Salvation is totally a free gift. No exceptions!

Grace is extended to all who ask the Lord to come and be their savior. Nothing we do will ever be good enough to deserve God's love or forgiveness. WOW!

I still fight the battle often with believing that obeying rules and your actions are what make you good enough.  But I am growing everyday and God is constantly showing himself to me. So for now I am trying to relearn God's Grace. It's out of my comfort zone that someone would love me without me being good enough.

But what I have most grown to understand is that there is a difference between God's truth and a truth that you have been taught or come to believe. Sometimes on purpose or not we are taught things wrong or precieve things wrong. We are all human after all. So lets not take anyone elses word for it not even our own. Lets be on our hands and knees constantly asking God to reveal to us HIS TRUTH!

Is there something in your life you are holding onto that God is trying to tell you is a learned truth not a God's truth. Let's all ask God to show in what ways we are not listening to his truth or have been swayed wrong. Because all of us have so much growing to do. I know I sure Do!

But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift.
Ephesians 4:7

2 comments:

Regina Lynn said...

Love this! God's been showing this to me as well over the last year or so (since we've moved from Lancaster Co., imagine that) and all I can say is, it truly is AMAZING GRACE!

Sarah Mae said...

Amanda, I just read this!!!!!!! Wow! Oh friend, I'm taking you out for dessert and to prep for our variety hour show! {giggle}