Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving from my hospital bed

That's right I had the lovely opportunity of spending Thanksgiving in a hospital bed.

Wednesday I came in to the hospital due to a morning of contractions expecting them to say go home prop your feet up and drink lots of water. However they discovered I have a bladder infection which had started me into preterm labor, ten weeks to early.

So here I am still in the hospital bed and will be so until at least tomorrow sometime. I believe God wants to see if I am serious about my taking that challenge of a month without complaining. Of course I have been failing miserably. Although because I have decided to take this challenge it has made me so much more aware of complaining and I know I am doing a lot less of it then I would normally do.

So here's a list of my thankfuls to keep my mind on the blessings God has been so abundantly supplying me with!

*They were able to stop my preterm labor so that prince can stay in for a little longer.

*They were able to give me steroids to help his lungs and brain develop a little faster that way if he still decides to come early he will have a better chance of being a healthy little guy.

* As much as I dreaded the catheter it wasn't as a awful as I thought and God had mercy on me and I only had to have it for around twelve hours.

* My wonderful gracious loving absolutely amazing husband not only missed most of the thanksgiving celebrations to be here helping me, he also spent his birthday here taking me to the bathroom and helping me shower and all those things I was having a hard time doing yesterday.

* Most importantly the little guy is healthy and happy and kicking away and I feel a lot better so now I will have a few weeks to enjoy not much else other then resting. Which isn't all bad.


God is good!

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Unknown said...

praise the Lord! i hope you don't have any more issues the rest of your pregnancy! so sad you had to miss out on the thanksgiving meals!