Monday, November 29, 2010

Home... and Bed rest

It's amazing when your sole purpose is to serve others ... that a simple act of being put on bed rest can make you feel so inadequate. Although I am fully aware that I am serving my unborn child by simply plopping myself on the sofa to stay I am still feeling awfully useless.

How much I would love to be able to whip up a pumpkin cheesecake for King Los I promised for his birthday. I would love to chase Princess Eli around. I would even love to be able to clean the bathrooms. (Never thought I would say that.)

It really made me think that though I can't do much during this time in the way of physical things, I still want to be intentional with my time. Laziness just breeds more laziness. Because though I could drain my time away with endless blog reading and tv watching I want to make sure I am doing somethings a lot more productive.

So heres my list of things I can do to help whittle the time away and still be semi productive.

*First of all read some good books especially right now some inspiring autobiographies sound like just the inspiration I need. Also thanks to Sarah Mae for giving me the book Grace is for Sinners by Serena Woods which I am so looking forward to reading!
*Get my Christmas cards printed out and addressed.
*Finally make Elianna's photo book of her first year
*Get a bunch of things listed on Ebay
*Spend time of course in the word since I am way behind on my bible reading for the year.
*Write some encouraging notes and letters to peoples.
*Work on memorizing scripture.
*Find some more recipes to add to my need to try book.
*Of course just spending time realizing how much I have to be Thankful for!


Rejoice  in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your requests to God. and the peace of God which trascends all understanding will guard your heartss and your minds in Christ. Phillipians 4:4-7

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hope you are feeling better. It must be difficult to be on bedrest but you have a great perspective!