Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Love Languages

Don't you love when you have those moments of  "Not sure why I didn't figure this out till now.". I have those a lot and I know it's all just part of the learning process.

Well while I was at the Women of Faith Conference (which is so worth going to if it's coming to a city near you) Andy Andrews was talking about the love languages and I started to think. I am pretty sure I know King Los' love language. But, I was deteremined when I got home to look at the book the Five love languages by Gary Chapman and talk to King Los about it.

I am so glad I did that! Not only did I discover I was not loving him with his love language I realized I was actually loving him with my love language which is pretty normal to do.

See I had been affirming him with more words then he needed. I mean seriously I thought to myself who could ever here enough great things about themselves and what they do. Although King Los appreciated those nice things I had been saying I realized he appreciated acts of service so much more.

He would much rather have a clean home, yummy cooked meals, and of course something yummy baked then hear a hundred kinds words. It seems so obvious now and of course I had heard of the love languages a million times I just thought I had it all right.

If you haven't checked out this book you need to! There is also one for kids and one for teenagers love languages too.

So talk to your spouse and find out if you could be showing love better to them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the reminder! I have a hard cover copy of that book that I use for decoration that I should dust off...