Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Share your story!

She stood in her driveway with tears in her eyes. She shared that her husband had left her and her five month old baby two months ago. I had wondered for awhile now if something had happened but thought it wasn't my place to ask.

For a second I stood there wondering. Should I share our story? Would my husband mind?

He stood beside me and suddenly it was like the holy spirit took over and I just started to speak. I shared our story.

She cried more and then said "Wow! I had no idea I would have never guessed. It seems like when I look around everyone's lives seem perfect."

After I heard those words I realized she found hope and encouragement in our story. How God was transforming our lives and our marriage. I invited her to my ladies group which I now refer to as The till death do us part group. I knew there were women there who are faithful followers of God who share their stories and encourage women.

She came, shared, cried, and we prayed!

But it hit me so hard what she had said that day in the driveway.

As christians we shouldn't be hiding behind our pasts. We should be open books so others can see what God has done for us. If not for God, I wouldn't be married anymore and I sure wouldn't have this wonderful peace and hope.

Am I really being transparent or am I just playing the good christian with everything together?

Share your story!

1 comment:

Sarah Mae said...

YES!

Amanda, I love you.

that is all. ;)