Wednesday, September 28, 2011

When God closes one door

Our trip to Ethiopia in Nov. has been canceled. Today during my time with the Lord I spent time writing in my prayer journal crying out to God asking him to show us exactly what he wanted us to do and to guide each and every one of our steps. An hour later I received an e-mail stating our trip had been canceled. I know this is an answer to my prayer. I am not mad God closed the door rather I am happy to know God has given us an answer. I just find myself having a hard time now sitting here wondering Ok God you closed one door but now which door is the open one? When will I ever learn to allow God to be in control and not think I must know my future?

Please continue to pray for us as something else is in the works right now and we just really wanna know if this is what God wants us. I pray he would continue to shut the doors until we can finally walk through the one he wants us to.

2 comments:

Jennifer R said...

Praying for you!

Kendra said...

thank you for your comment on my blog-:0). i have been asking this question (about closed doors and open windows) a LOT. and the answer i got is that our God is a persistent God. you will know when He is asking something of you because even if YOU want to let it go, HE won't. :0) i would have never imagined even 3 years ago that we would have welcomed another child into our family, let alone from africa!!! and for my husband to want it too simply astounds me. He can work on the hardest-most-stubborn hearts and make them soft and loving. i will keep up on your story and will keep you in my prayers. and where God closes a door.....well, we all know, He always opens a window. :0)